[jsword-devel] Re: Unable to check out from CVS

Mark Derricutt jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 07 May 2003 20:45:37 +1200

Hi guys - just joined the list the other day.  Been using/watching the
sword/gnomesword project for years and am thinking of distributing CDRs
around New Zealand ( havn't seen anyone doing any ).

Anyway - recently got givin a nice P800 Sony Ericson phone from work to
play with and started looking at J2ME stuff, and it soon hit me that I had
no bible.  I have Olive Tree installed on my Palm Pilot but I dont like it.
And thought it could be a neat project to do...

Was glad to see the JSword project already here to help.  How nicely
separated is the currnet JSword UI from the backend bible text
reading/searching?

I've not yet downloaded the code so not sure, how big is it as well?
Hopefully it may run on the limited phone device.

Sadly it looks like I have to give the phone back to Erison at the end of
the week thou :(  Unless I can convince the boss and/or ericson we should
be able to keep it :P

Is anyone else working on any J2ME bible stuff?

Mark

--On Wednesday, May 07, 2003 09:28:39 +0100 Joe Walker <joe@eireneh.com>