[jsword-devel] What can I do if I want to help?

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 07 May 2003 09:43:17 +0100

Hi,

I've made the change you noted - thanks! I didn't realise you could fork
the JDepend task. It might help me work out why I've found the junit
task so troublesome.

I think you should be able to change whatever you want and use cvs diff
to send me a patchfile. I use eclipse to do all my cvs access, but the
cvs console tells me that the command would be:
   cvs diff -N -u "/jsword"

When I've needed to create diff files without access to cvs then I've
used this:
   diff -ruN jsword-orig jsword-modified

I would hazard a guess that -u meant unified diff format, and -N meant
include new files, and that cvs does -r (recursive) automatically.

I hope to do another beta release soon so I'm trying to concentrate on
fixing bugs.

Hope that helps,

Joe.