Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:59:09 +0000
Quick progress report. I've not announced progress for a while so there
is a bit to catch up on.
- We've added support for OSIS so all modules now produce data in OSIS
format using a JAXB generated model.
- We've sorted out support for Dictionaries and Commentaries, and
updated the ways to access them. Most things should be able to cope with
the number of Books changing at run-time (although not all yet)
- Sword module readers are a lot updated. We now read some Commentaries,
and adding support for the remaining back-ends should be fairly easy.
- The UI has been updated lots, there is now a sidebar for viewing
Dicts/Cmmtrys and the central view area uses a split pane to control the
list of passages rather than a pop-up menu option.
- There is a very cool passage selection dialog. Just click on the "..."
button and pick stuff from the tree view or type in the text-box.
- The options dialog has added several config options.
- There is a new daily readings module that is implemented as a
Dictionary, which currently contains the planner I try to stick to, but
I'd like to add others.
All a want to do before making an alpha/beta release is to complete the
support for Sword modules, which doesn't feel too distant.
I'm planning to take a few weeks rest because I'm organising a family
weekend at church and writing a chapter of a new Wrox book. If you catch
me doing any check-ins then give me a slap.