[jsword-devel] First Posting

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 23:30:39 +0000

Hi,

Twilley, Carl wrote:
> I downloaded the "release" for windows (including the jvm) but when run
> it complains that it cannot find config.xml and exits.

Paul has answered the CVS part, however this bit interests me. That
error message is the same as we get on MacOS, and I can't fix it there
because I don't have access to an Apple.

config.xml is loaded from the classpath, which should be setup by the
installer.

Please could you try running jsword.bat from the bin directory? I'm
fairly sure the installer creates it's own startup thing, and the batch
file should try a different startup mechanism, and allow you to see a
log of what it is doing.

Thanks,

Joe.