[jsword-devel] Can't read Jeremiah 7 and Malachi 1 in Sword Modules

Jeremy Brown jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:38:40 -0700

Greetings!

I started working with JSword late last week, and I like it a lot, because
it lets me extract data from Sword modules and manipulate it in Java.
I've written a bare-bones Bible reader for the Palm platform, that works
with and displays Unicode.  I want to use the JSword API to write a
conversion tool that will extract the data from various Sword Bible
modules and rewrite them into Palm DB's in the format my Bible reader
(called UniBible) uses.

Actually, in just a couple of days, I got this working, thanks to all your
hard work of writing JSword, and putting up the class documentation.  It's
awesome to be able to run a Java program, upload the resulting Palm
database, and see the Bible in Hebrew with vowels and accents.

I have only one problem (that I know of so far):
Whenever my code reaches Jeremiah 7 or Malachi 1, my process aborts.  In
fact, even trying to just write a database with either of those chapters
fails.  Further, I discoved that when I run the JSword application itself,
I can't retrieve the data for either of these chapters, for any Sword
module.  (The serialized KJV that comes with JSword works though.)

I don't know nearly enough about JSword to even start looking for where
this problem could be located.  Do you guys have any ideas?  I'd hate to
release a bunch of UniBible/Sword modules without Jeremiah 7 and Malachi 1.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jeremy Brown