[jsword-devel] Searching

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 18:10:39 +0100

Hi,

Am I right in thinking that SWORD implements search by doing a linear
scan of the whole Bible for each search?

Back in the ProjectB days I wrote a search engine, and I believe that we
could fairly simply reuse this code to add indexed searching to Sword
modules, maybe with a linear scan while the index is being built?

Is there any expertise in search out there?

Currently searching within SWORD modules just doesn't work so I need to
do someting, and I suspect that search will be very slow if we just rely
on linear scanning.

Joe.