[jsword-devel] online module editor

Troy A. Griffitts jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:05:53 -0700

right, kindof.  But I don't want them typing in code.  For this
immediate need, I don't even want them to be able to add strongs
numbers.  I'm going to grab them from the TR module and place them the
best I can in the verse, programmatically.  I want a human to read thru
and drag them around if they are out of place.

[strong: en> <]

Would be 2 images, the first with those characters on it and if dragged
around, it would move both images together, around the text box,
wrapping words as it was dragged.  Then is the second image was dragged,
it would only allow dragging after the first image and before any other
image in the text.

This would allow one to place the pair at the start of the word it
marks, then drag the end image ( <] ) to enclose the word or words for
that tag, e.g.

[strong: en>In<]
[strong: arXA>the beginning<]

en and arXA are b-greek transliterations of the original greek words.
They may not be the best example for strongs numbers.  In reality, the
tag would look something more like:

[w: lemma="x-Strongs:1234"  \
[   morph="x-Robinsons:prep" \
[   xlit="x-BGreek:en"       /
[   src="x-TRWID:1"         /

(or at least have all those values associated with it, and maybe the
user could indicate the verbosity of the tag display)

and allow a right-click|properties to bring up a tag specific combo box
to allow editing of the attributes of the tag (but not for this
application).

I just don't want users to have to move text like <w
lemma="x-Strongs:1234" morph="x-Robinsons:prep" xlit="x-BGreek:en"
src="x-TRWID:1">In</w> to the proper place in the text.  There are too
many opportunities for error.

Am I making any sense?  Does this excite anyone enough to want to help?

	-Troy.