[jsword-devel] sword proxy interface

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 23:10:48 +0000

Hi,

The classes under java/sword are grabbed from jsword-old. I suspect it
was before you rolled stuff back because the source was quite broken.
I've done a few tidy ups since as well.

I suggest that we proceed as follows:
1. Merge CVS trees keeping java source separated (see below)
2. Merge java source where appropriate

Currently (excluding junit test classes) there are the following sets of
source under the java directory
- common
- jsword (core code)
- sword (copied from jsword-old; prototype proxy classes)
- map (map stuff, ignore)

So the plan is to make the sword tree call the jsword tree to get stuff
done.

How easy is it for you to separate library stuff from front-end stuff in
your new project? Assuming it is easy we could replace java/sword with
the most up to date jsword-old, and then move your new front end stuff
into java/whatever.
Then as stuff needs to be added/altered in java/sword we can do any of:
- write it from scratch
- cut and paste from jsword
- proxy to jsword

I fear that our goal of merging this code will get harder if we are
developing in separate areas so I'd like to at least start in the right
direction. However I'm not going to be able to spend a huge amount of
time helping out because I've got a lot on for the next few weeks.

Joe.