[jsword-devel] Updates

Keith Ralston jsword-devel@bibletechnologieswg.org
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 22:11:49 -0500

I am also missing the versions directory.  Should I have gotten that from
cvs?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jsword-devel@crosswire.org
[mailto:owner-jsword-devel@crosswire.org]On Behalf Of Joe Walker
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2002 8:43 PM
To: jsword-devel@bibletechnologieswg.org
Subject: Re: [jsword-devel] Updates

This is how SerBibleDriver (and all BibleDrivers except
SwordBibleDriver) find their resources:

The constructor calls something like:
   NetUtil.lengthenURL(Project.resource().getBiblesRoot(), "ser");

NetUtil.lengthenURL simply takes a base url (in this case the Bibles
root dir) and adds a 'subdirectory'.

Project.resource().getBiblesRoot() looks through the classpath and at
each entry and looks for a directory called "versions" at that level. It
should give you plenty of debug telling you where it is looking.

When I run from the command line (./tools.sh) I get:
--
looking for Bibles local classpath entry file:./jsword.jar: [Found at
file:./versions]

i.e. it found a versions directory next to the jsword jar file.
However if I run from eclipse without adding any unpacked ser file I get
the following:
--
looking for Bibles within /home/.../crimson.jar: [Not Found]
looking for Bibles within /home/.../jaxp.jar: [Not Found]

Leaving me with a JSword window with no Bible data.
However all I need to do is to add target/ant/deploy/jsword/resources to
the classpath and it finds the versions dir alongside the resources dir:
--
looking for Bibles local classpath entry
file:/home/.../jsword/target/eclipse/classes/: [Not Found]
looking for Bibles within /home/.../crimson.jar: [Not Found]
looking for Bibles within /home/.../jaxp.jar: [Not Found]
looking for Bibles within /home/.../jdom.jar: [Not Found]
looking for Bibles within
/home/.../jsword/target/ant/deploy/jsword/resource: [Found at
file:/home/joe/devt/jsword/target/ant/deploy/jsword/versions]
--

So to work out what is going wrong I need to see the few lines of debug
like the above.

Joe.