[jsword-devel] Updates

Keith Ralston jsword-devel@bibletechnologieswg.org
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 17:21:09 -0500

I love Java.  I am running Win2K server on a pentium myself.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jsword-devel@crosswire.org
[mailto:owner-jsword-devel@crosswire.org]On Behalf Of Mark Goodwin
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2002 4:56 PM
To: jsword-devel
Subject: Re: [jsword-devel] Updates

> The #1 thing to check would be the following:
> $ ant deploy
> [blah blah]
> $ ls target/ant/deploy/jsword/versions
> ser
>
> If you don't have a ser directory in the versions dir (or even no
> versions dir) then you don't have any Bible data installed, and we need
> to work out how that could be.

OK.  Here are the steps I took, and what hapened.

I started off with a clean machine (no previous jsword / projectb
installation, no ~/.jsword dir). Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 on an i386, if
that matters....

I did a cvs co, and copied the zip file containing the AV ser data from
the projectb download section at sourceforge to
notes/versions/projectb-ser-av.zip

Once I'd done that, I got ant 1.5 and attempted a build.

It all built beautifully, but when I attempt to run from
target/ant/deploy/jsword, it fails to find a version - lo and behold no
versions dir.

MarkG