[jsword-devel] missing zip file

Joe Walker jsword-devel@bibletechnologieswg.org
27 Jul 2002 01:27:18 +0100

Easily the most important thing would be to fix the Sword format
support.

Let me attempt to document the story so far ....

I've written a SwordBible and SwordBibleDriver for jsword - and they
should read unencrypted plain text sword modules. However they may have
suffered from bit rot recently.

I will try to document what I can remember of the Sword format.

JSword has a concept of a display independent XML native format. The
intent was always to have use an XML standard Bible markup language.
When I started with ProjectB such a beast did not exist, so I created
one. I believe there is a standard now. At some stage we should change
to the standard.

My understanding on Sword is that several formats are supported - HTML,
RTF, plain text, etc. and for each converters are written to the others.
Although I would welcome being corrected on this. The modules I got
working all used plain text with virtually no markup.

There may be more - have a look and I'll help where I can.

Joe.