[jsword-devel] Resource

Joe Walker jsword-devel@bibletechnologieswg.org
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:59:01 +0100

Hi,

Keith wrote:
> Which separator used is a function a several things depending on
> how you are
> accessing the URL: protocol, implementation and OS.  All my file:
> URLs have
> a Windows separators on Win2k Server.

I dont think this is the case. file: URLs *should* only contain / and there
is a method of translating C: into C| if I recall correctly, and to be fair
to MS these methods do work. However IE also uses (and prefers) to use : and
\ in file URLs, in fact it even lets you drop the file: part too. However
these are all extensions to the spec, I think.

So this file:///C|/windows/blah.dll is more correct than
file://c:\windows\blah.dll

> I'm now using XP, and it seems to work OK for me. Is it failing for you?
> If your environment is properly configured, it works.  Remove the versions
> directory(ies) and you should see that it looks in some
> interesting places.

Everything is working fine for me.

Joe.