[Ichthux-devel] please help

Nigel Chapman nigel at chapman.id.au
Mon Nov 6 12:36:40 MST 2006

Hi William,

I've no idea what the issue is, but it seems:

(1) you firstly need to reconfigure your system to dual boot (with say,
Ubuntu or Knoppix on the second partition) so that this kind of thing
doesn't represent a problem for you in the future.

(2) Depending on your technical aptitude, a Live CD of either could be
used for diagnosis here. There are plenty on magazine covers at your
local newsagent, most likely.

(3) Whether you take that option or not, you need to reinstall; this
will either solve your problem or show that it is repeatable. The
problem could have been something as simple as having caps-lock down
when entering your password, from what you've said. A reinstall should
tell you, if you're not familiar with any way to reset it without a
reinstall.

Grace + peace,

Nigel.