[Ichthux-devel] Lost Ichthux & the Cartoon Jesus

Ben Armstrong synergism at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 17:05:37 MST 2005

Because I wrote in private by mistake, Raphaël also answered in
private.  I'll let him quote his own response if he wishes.  Here's my
response to his response:

Well, software is not the same as books.  Religion is a dimension of
life that cuts across all others.  Consider the categories "Apps ->
Education", "Games -> Adventure" and "Apps" -> "Sound".  Supposing we
have three designed-for-Christians applications, one designed to help
memorize scripture, one an adventure game set in Biblical times, and
one a multimedia worship songbook.  All of these could be lumped under
"Religious" or they could be categorized under those three categories.
That's why I don't feel "Religious" is helpful.  It isn't a "kind" of
software at all.  It's an aspect that many kinds of software might
share.

Ben