[bt-devel] NASB Unlock Key

Jaak Ristioja jaak at ristioja.ee
Sat Jan 4 17:06:50 MST 2020

Hello Troy,

I guess we can display the UnlockInfo .conf entry as verbatim plain
text. If support for hyperlinks and such would be needed, I would
strongly prefer the format to have a formal specification which were
acceptable to use in BibleTime.

The specification being "just some simple HTML" is not good enough,
because passing the contents of such fields directly to some HTML or web
view widget is not acceptable, neither is embedding it verbatim inside
other HTML, because that might break our GUI layouts/HTML and comes with
security concerns (we don't want modules to be able to crash BibleTime,
run scripts, consume too much resources etc).

If you want I can help write formal grammars (EBNF or similar) for such
things, as well as parsers, linters etc.

Best regards,