[bt-devel] Serious personal commentary overwrite bug

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Sat Feb 26 18:04:18 MST 2011

Hello, all.  I'm sorry to report that a longstanding bug is still extant
in the Bibletime handling of the Personal Commentary using BibleTime 2.5
on Debian Lenny.

When the personal commentary and Bible are in synchronize mode, if one
creates or edits a comment on a verse and then navigates to a new verse
without saving the comment on the old verse, BibleTime correctly asks
the user if they want to save the changes.  However, the changes are not
written to the old verse but rather to the new verse overwriting any
comment which was associated with the new verse.  That just bit me very
badly wiping out hours of research on a verse.  Thankfully, I had a
synchronized copy I had not yet update and was able to retrieve the
information.  Thanks - John