[bt-devel] Qt versions and Hardy Backport of Bibletime 2.0

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Fri Sep 25 21:44:33 MST 2009

John,

Earlier, I had said:

>>   mv ~/.sword ~/dot-sword-possibly-bad-`date +%F`
>>   mv ~/.bibletime ~/dot-bibletime-possibly-bad-`date +%F`

>> and then running BibleTime, so it starts with a fresh (empty) SWORD
>> configuration and will generate a new BibleTime configuration also?

John A. Sullivan III replied:

> Thank you.  My sword.conf referenced /usr/local/share/sword and
> something in there was causing the problem.  I'm gradually picking it
> apart but so far so good.  I do find that whenever I add a work from the
> bookshelf I get:

> jsullivan at jaspav:~$ bibletime
> (BibleTime 2.2) _FATAL_: ASSERT: "m_actions[name] != 0" in
> file /build/buildd/bibletime-2.2/src/frontend/displaywindow/btactioncollection.cpp, line 55
> Please report this bug!
> (http://www.bibletime.info/development_help.html)Aborted

Interesting.  I'm not seeing that in my fresh Ubuntu 8.04.3 amd64 setup
here.  I installed the OS from CD, then did

  sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
  sudo shutdown -r now

Then I fired up Firefox and downloaded the little package that enables
our PPA, then used use System -> Administration -> Software Sources to
add the hardy-backports repo. Then:

  sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y
  sudo apt-get install bibletime -y
  bibletime &

I *did* find that the icons within Bibletime, including the toolbar,
don't display, and there were generally a bunch of unexpected warnings,
until I also did

  sudo apt-get install libqt4-gui

I'm not sure why that wasn't pulled in automatically earlier, we may
need to look at our Depends: more closely.

Anyway, so far at least, I can't replicate your ASSERT error here;
hopefully someone on the BT team will know what could be causing that.

I'm hoping that qt 4.4.0 is "new enough" for Bibletime 2.2; I need to go
back through the mailing list archives to confirm that...

Jonathan