[bt-devel] Bookmarks saving

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Nov 25 09:27:15 MST 2009

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009, 'Kang Sun' wrote:

> I'm doing that now.  The timer will only start after a modification and
> trigger a save after 1.5 s of no more bookmark modifications.
>
> > What about a pseudo-timer mechanism? Only save bookmarks after X
> > seconds/minutes. Basically, have a variable that keeps the last saved time,
> > and then if you change anything it looks at the last saved time. Then if that
> > time is more than, let's say, 10 seconds ago, it saves the bookmarks. When it
> > saves them, it updates the time variable, of course.

If this "pseudo-timer" is what I think, maybe you can use a single-shot
timer which is a member of the view. The Mag view triggers work just
like that: every event starts the timer again and only the last event
actually triggers the update. You can see how it works in the same
bookmarks view class.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland