[bt-devel] Development after 2.0 final

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Mon May 25 13:11:24 MST 2009

Hi all,

to summarize:

> Martin Gruner wrote:
> > What do y'all think? Anybody against a fixed schedule?

Nobody opposed, so I entered a tentative schedule for 2.1 in the wiki at
http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/Development_Plan.

> > * Require Sword 1.6.0 and throw away code for older versions.
> > * Require CMake 2.6 (some policies changed in 2.6)

These will be in for 2.1 as packagers gave green light.

> > * Require QT 4.5 (this will allow to remove boost)
> > * Remove boost dependency (patch is already available that does this).

These will be postponed util packagers give green light for distros AND Greg
for windows.

The suggestions for usability improvements all sound good. Please also use the
wiki page to collect and plan them.

Btw: Eeli, did you already prepare a 2.0 release announcement? We'll need it
soon. =)

mg