[bt-devel] Development after 2.0 final

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri May 22 15:11:30 MST 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Thomas Abthorpe wrote:
>
>> On May 21, 2009 05:53:17 am Martin Gruner wrote:
>
>>> * Require Sword 1.6.0 and throw away code for older versions.
>
> Probably fine, since anyone downloading a new BT 2.1 can download a new
> SWORD package too.
>
>>> * Require QT 4.5 (this will allow to remove boost)
>
>> Maybe 4.5.1, there are some qt-linguist beneifts with this version that
>> Eeli discovered.
>
> Be careful here; this would make it impossible to backport BT 2.1 to Ubuntu
> Jaunty or Intrepid (unless you also backport Qt 4.5.1, but that's not a
> small committment!).  Debian stable (Lenny) is still at Qt 4.4.3, so we
> would have the same issue there.

This could also present an issue for Windows build, since 4.5 has
proved extremely slow on Windows but 4.4.3 works exactly as expected.
I don't know what else to try - I've debated going with VS 2005, but I
don't want to be stuck with having to use '05 indefinitely.  I'll keep
researching to see if there are any problems with 2008 that other
people have had as well, but I don't know what kind of difference it
would make.

--Greg