[bt-devel] Windows Module Install bug

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 01:04:27 MST 2009

>> Not being a programmer and all, but I would be extremely surprised if CW
>> is the first project to run into these two problems. I am sure there
>> must be some inbuilt  methods (or even some settings/additional
>> attributes to getEnv) to correct this - rather than having to code
>> specifically to correct encoding and expand variables contained in
>> variables.
>
> Is this here a (partial) answer?
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tehxacec(VS.80).aspx

As with all of the other issues being encountered here, the answer is
to use Microsoft's defined api's for this sort of thing. In this
instance, check out the implementation here:

http://www.google.com/codesearch/p?hl=en#nN9nbq-2CGs/glib-2.9.0/glib/gutils.c&q=g_getenv%20const%20gchar%20variable&exact_package=http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/glib/2.9/glib-2.9.0.tar.bz2&l=1018

We should probably quit hijacking the bt-devel list for this and have
a proper discussion at some later date on sword-devel.

Matthew