[bt-devel] OSIS etc. filters

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Jul 29 14:47:55 MST 2007

Hey Martin,

> I must admit I didn't know hat. Just briefly looked at osishtmlhref and
> osiswebif, and couldn't find it right away. Can you please tell me where to
> look?

Doing a quick grep for 'class=' in the filter directory, it looks like
we class elements like:

wordsOfJesus
clk - silly name, but used for clickable words with lemma/morph data
fn - footnote
variant - greek variants

Not a big list right now, but it would be nice to pick a standard set
which everyone could take advantage of.

Also, these are merely inverse tags.  Anything not inverse is handled by
the client of the engine however they want (e.g. verse numbers,
headings, etc.)

For reference here are the drastic changes which can be done merely by
swapping out a CSS on SWORDWeb:

http://crosswire.org/study/passagestudy.jsp?setStyle=Washed+Out
http://crosswire.org/study/passagestudy.jsp?setStyle=Sandy+Creek
http://crosswire.org/study/passagestudy.jsp?setStyle=Parchment

I'll spend some time looking at other tags we output and see what I can
do to put some sane class values on them.  Is there a list of elements I
can grab somewhere which are used in Bibletime?  I suppose I could do
the same grep on your filters.

Excited that this might be possible!

	-Troy.