[bt-devel] BibleTime2? (was: Re: KHTML news)

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Thu Jul 26 11:23:30 MST 2007

Hi Eeli.

Good to know hat you agree.

@Joachim: Can you say something about the technical details please?

> > P.S. If we agree we should start a page in the wiki which lists small,
> > well-defined subprojects for the refactoring / feature adding phase.
>
> Yes, that was also something I thought about. Many thoughts which I have
> given in wiki regarding BT2 can be applied to BT1 as well. Here are some
> other examples:
>
> - Configuration system does not feel very sound
> - I hate modal dialogs
> - Backend files should be refactored into subdirectories (I don't
>   know them but it's not fun to see all of them in one directory)
> - Starting editing Personal commentary is not easy

Good.

> Maybe we could use SourceForge Tasks for a well-defined task list and
> wiki for more general ideas and discussion? Or is a formal task
> management a la SF an overkill for our needs?

IMO a wiki page is enough and more flexible. In general working with a wiki is
quicker. I prefer a bug tracker for bug reports and feature requests, though,
because it is more formalized and helps deal with input from the "masses". ;)

Good. So let us try to progress with the port. There is still some work to do
there, also with the installation routine. I'll try to take care of that.

mg