[bt-devel] sample modules

Daniel Glassey danglassey at ntlworld.com
Wed May 26 06:22:09 MST 2004

Hi Luke :)

On 25 May 2004, at 18:23, Luke Plant wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm developing a lightweight front end for SWORD for the KDE
> environment
> - in fact a kioslave (you type sword:/ in konqueror and browse from
> there).  It's mainly meant for the times you quickly want to look up a
> verse rather than load up BibleTime or whatever.

cool :)

> I've got a few questions/problem perhaps you could help me with (I
> couldn't subscribe to the sword-devel list, so I thought I'd try here).

? what do you mean couldn't subscribe?

> 1) Are there some example modules in each of the different formats
> (GBF,
> OSIS, ThML, plain) that I could use for testing?

GBF: WEB, GodsWord
OSIS: KJV, ChiNCVs, ChiNCVt
ThML: MHC and most other commentaries (but not MHCC)
I don't know if there are any modules in plaintext - it is generally
used as a conversion format for searching.

> 2) The main areas I have still to sort out are things like strongs
> numbers, morphological tags, lemmas (are these the same as Strongs?)
> and
> cross references.  Are they any docs on what form these will take in
> the
> different markup formats? I've been copying BibleTime for some of these
> things, but it would be nice to know what I'm doing!

not much idea about these but I would hope they would all come out in
the same form when filtered to HTML. Try diatheke (from sword) or
something to see what the HTML comes out like.

Regards,
Daniel