[bt-devel] Packages of 1.3?

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 15:53:47 -0500

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 14:49:42 -0500
"Steven P. Ulrick" <spu@faith4miracle.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:55:20 +0200
> Joachim Ansorg <junkmail@joachim.ansorgs.de> wrote:

> > Stephen,
> > thank you for your support!
> >
> > You need
> > 	automake 1.7.2
> > 	autoconf 2.5.7
> > 	libtool 1.4.3
> > I hope that's all.
> >
> > Joachim
>
> Hello, Joachim :)
> I haven't tried to compile the first two items quoted above - I'll get
> those going shortly.  But while looking for libtool 1.4.3, all I could
> find was a SRPM.  At ftp://ftp.gnu.org, the closest full version I
> could find was 1.4.2.
>
> These are the only references to 1.4.3:
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-1.4.2-1.4.3.tar.xdp.gz.back-RSN.README
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-1.4.3-1.5.diff.gz.back-RSN.README
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-1.4.3-1.5.tar.xdp.gz.back-RSN.README
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-1.4.3.tar.gz.back-RSN.README
>
> If the SRPM doesn't work, please let me know if you can
> help me get the source of libtool 1.4.3
>
> Steven P. Ulrick

Hello, Joachim :)
Just got done compiling and installing the following:
autoconf-2.57
automake-1.7.2
libtool-1.4.3

The first two I got from ftp://ftp.gnu.org
The third, I got the gz file from the SuSE 8.2 SRPM, which is the only
libtool 1.4.3 I could find.

I then proceeded to get a fresh copy of Bibletime from the CVS.
Next, I manually removed the Bibletime icons that were installed from
the Bibletime 1.3 source tarball.
I then did the usual:
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
su
make install

The result was that I still had no icons.
I have uploaded a tarball with the output from all four commands to the
following location:

http://www.faith4miracle.org/bibletime-CompileLogs.tar.bz2

Right now, I need to go to the church.  This is my week to edit and
print our bulletin, Faith News
When I return, I'll look back in the bibletime-devel archives and see
what you told me to run in bibletime/pics/16x16 and I will upload the
files and output of that :)

You will be hearing from me in a few hours :)
Steven P. Ulrick