[bt-devel] bibletime-doc source pkg: "make -f Makefile.cvs" fails

Steven Boothe bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:06:55 -0700

Greetings all:

I'm trying to install the Bibletime Documentation package and am encountering
the following problems:

sboothe@poretz bibletime-doc $ make -f Makefile.cvs
make: Makefile.cvs: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.cvs'.  Stop.
sboothe@poretz bibletime-doc $

The INSTALL documentation distributed with the files reads the following:

Install the BibleTime 1.2beta2 Documentation Package:
----------------------------

export KDEDIR=<KDE directory (where KDE is installed)>
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure                                     # create Makefiles
make install

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Thanks in advance. This software is an incredible blessing.

Steven
P.S. I've switched from Mandrake 8.2 to Gentoo 1.2. I am both very impressed
and very happy with this distribution. It appears to be much more compiler
friendly for building packages from source. FWIW. I really like it. :-)