[bt-devel] Howto translation...

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:47:23 +0200

Hey Matthias,

> I'm curently translating in french the Bible study HowTo, but since
> everything is based on po files, I don't know how to rebuild the
> document itself. Should I make mo files, and copy them somewhere (I
> mean: is KDE help browser able to work with mo files?) or is there a
> little script/program/.... to build an HTML file from the po or mo
> files?

Depends on the version you are translating for. If you translate for 1.2, you
can do a "make unicode-files" in the howto/ directory. In cvs this Make
target is broken, but will hopefully be fixed soon. Are you working on cvs
directly, or will you mail the translated files to Joachim or me?

> I've also a suggestion for BibleTime: a better bookmark management would
> be better: I think it would be better to store all the bookmarks in a
> file "bt-bookmarks" for example in a clean way (something reflecting the
> tree structure of the bookmarks).

Yeah, the bookmark structure should be changed, as Joachim also said to me.
Please be so kind and submit a feature request at our sourceforge page, so
that we don't forget.

Martin