[bt-devel] Status - Documentation Update

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 22:07:04 -0400

I have almost taken care of all of the bugs in the english docbook files
that were created by the change by kde to a new DTD

<!DOCTYPE Set PUBLIC "-//KDE//DTD DocBook XML V4.1-Based Variant
V1.0//EN" "dtd/kdex.dtd" >

I have also been able to fix the german file so that meinproc will parse
it with essentually the same errors that I get with the english
version.  I still am getting not in utf8 format errors, but this does
not seem to prevent parsing.

What I plan on doing, is taking this to the point of creating po files
of the existing german translated documents as these will become the
basis for a kbable rough translation later.  I will follow with it, and
cs after I revise the handbook to the publish as next version format.
This should make the translators job easier, as they should be able to
quickly find things that are changed.

I am going to make a change to the graphic files.  All of the things
that are in /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/common will go into ~/common.  All of
the bibletime graphiph will go into /graphics.  This will allow make to
create shortcuts to the kde files so that they do not need to be
included in the .rpm packages.  It also makes it easier for me to keep
track of these files.

It will probably be two weeks before I have anything to upload to the
CVS.

Fred
--
II Chronicles 7:14 (The Webster Bible)
If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and

Luther Bible
Und mein Volk sich demütigt, das nach meinem Namen genannt ist, daß sie
beten und mein Angesicht suchen und sich von ihren bösen Wegen bekehren
werden: so will ich vom Himmel hören und ihre Sünde vergeben und ihr
Land heilen.

Spanish Reina-Valera Bible
Si se humillare mi pueblo, sobre los cuales ni nombre es invocado, y
oraren, y buscaren mi rostro, y se convirtieren de sus malos caminos;
entonces yo oiré desde los cielos, y perdonaré sus pecados, y sanaré su
tierra.