[bt-devel] Important language questions

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:07:37 -0500

I will need to redo this after I get the latest version working, but here are my
ideas -

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I think you know our terms like "Presenter" or "Groupmanager".
> I'm sure they are very odd things for you.
>
> Because version 1.0 should be really useable we need new, better terems for
> the GUI parts of BibleTime.
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> 1. New term for "Presenter" (Biblepresenter, Commentarypresenter,
> Lexiconpresenter)

This could be called an interactive document window.

> 2. New term for "Groupmanager"

Document Index

> 3. If it's not fitting a new term for "Searchdialog"

Search Dialog is fine.

> 4. How do you call a verse of the BibleTime ? (Do you call it Key?)
> 5. How do you call an entry of a lexicon ? (Do you call it Key?)
> 6. How do you call a verse or entry of a commentyr of the BibleTime ? (Do you
> call it Key?)

Key is fine for verse and entry identification numbers (what we usually call
verse  numbers) for all of the above as long as we define it in the
documentation.

> 7. How do you call a verse with text (key with text?? )? The same question for
>
> lexicon and commentary again.

I probably would not use this phrase when writing as what we are talking about
is a verse number (or key) which identifies a section of text.

> 8. Another better term for "key chooser" (for Bibles, commentaries and
> lexicons)

If the identifying number is called a key, then "key chooser" is OK

> 9. Term for the printing styles

This will need to wait until I get it working.

--
Best Regards
Fred Saalbach