[bt-devel] BT 1.0 Documentation

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 06:10:29 -0400

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Hi Fred!
>
> > I think that the problem is related to hooking the verse.  I can't seem to
> > get the hand to keep pointing  in the correct direction.  This might be
> > qt-2.2.2 or KDE 2.0 rather than Bibletime.  If I should try another qt or
> > KDE, let me know.
> >
> > Below is in the KJV of 1611
> > When placed over a verse the hand points left.
> > Left mouse over verse text changes it to the select arrow.
> > Left mouse and drag selects text.
> > Center mouse over verse text the hand points left.  Drag moves the hand,
> > but does nothing else.
> > Right mouse brings up the Bible presenter save - select all - print box.
>
> > Place pointer over a verse number (in the text not the document key
> > control), it still points left.
> > Pointer over verse number, and left mouse, whole verse is selected.
> > Pointer over verse number and center mouse, pointer changes to point up.  I
> > think this is where I should be able to drag the verse to create a
> > bookmark, but with the slightest movement (center mouse up or down) the
> > pointer changes back to a hand pointing left.
> > The verse number in the key control does not drag.
>
> Tomorrow 1.0beta1 will be released. Time was too short today.
> I think the problem you decsribed above was a bug I fixed some days ago.
>
> Which version are you using? If you are not using beta1, could you test again
> after I released it (will be announced on www.bibletime.de)?

CVS from friday night.

> > I will try to find all of the new things and fix the documentation, Make
> > sure to let me know about stuff I miss before 1.0.
>
> Ok.

 just reread your features list and realized that I should include the
instructions on regexp from windows sword help.  I am working on this now.

> > The text I have been working on is located in /en/Documents/HTML.  The help
> > button is still pointed to /en/helpdialog.  I think changing this is mostly
> > a makefile thing, so I will let you do it when you think it is time.  Also
> > check to see that the help button calls the correct file.  It could be
> > either hdbk_idx.html (handbook index) or  index.html (top level index for
> > everything)
>
> Which help button are you talking about?
> The helpbrowser of KDE2 or the "Help->Contents" menu item in BibleTime?

Help>contents in bibletime.  This might indicate that I need to clean out old
compiled bibletime files before I do my next recompile.

--
Best Regards
Fred Saalbach