[bt-devel] BT 1.0 Documentation

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 08 Apr 2001 16:34:20 -0400

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > I think the handbook is almost ready.
>
> Thank you!
>
> > The major think is that I can not get BT to open a module as described
> > below.  I could delete this or  if someone can explaine how to get this to
> > work, I can modify it.
> >
> > <section ID="hdbk_op_module_tree_select"><title>Selecting a documents to
> > view</title> <para>
> > <para>
> > Another way is from an already opened module.
> > Simply click on the verse number (pointer changes to hand) and drag it to
> > the module list. Drop it on the name of the module you want to open, and it
> > will open that module to the verse you dragged over. If you drag a verse
> > number to an already open module, it will automatically jump that module to
> > the verse dragged over. This works for Bibles and Commentaries only.
> > </para>
> > <para>
>
> In current CVS is works. The difference is that everytime a new presenter
> opened. But it works.
> Drag the versenumber and drop it on a module opnes a new presenter.
> Dropiing it on a group or on the toplevel of the main index creates a
> bookmark.

I think that the problem is related to hooking the verse.  I can't seem to get
the hand to keep pointing  in the correct direction.  This might be qt-2.2.2 or
KDE 2.0 rather than Bibletime.  If I should try another qt or KDE, let me know.

Below is in the KJV of 1611
When placed over a verse the hand points left.
Left mouse over verse text changes it to the select arrow.
Left mouse and drag selects text.
Center mouse over verse text the hand points left.  Drag moves the hand, but
does nothing else.
Right mouse brings up the Bible presenter save - select all - print box.

Place pointer over a verse number (in the text not the document key control), it
still points left.
Pointer over verse number, and left mouse, whole verse is selected.
Pointer over verse number and center mouse, pointer changes to point up.  I
think this is where I should be able to drag the verse to create a bookmark, but
with the slightest movement (center mouse up or down) the pointer changes back
to a hand pointing left.

The verse number in the key control does not drag.

I will leave this section alone for now.

> > There are some places that the Main Index is still called Group Manager in
> > the program.  Should I add a note about this?
> > This will cause an inconsistancy in the text.
>
> You may add a note for 1.0beta1.
> But you or me can change groupmanager to main index it for 1.0 final.
>
> > If anyone finds any other errors or important features I have left out,
> > please let me know!
>
> Some parts do describe features of 0.31 which were changed later.
> We should fix this until message freeze in two weeks.

I will try to find all of the new things and fix the documentation, Make sure to
let me know about stuff I miss before 1.0.

The text I have been working on is located in /en/Documents/HTML.  The help
button is still pointed to /en/helpdialog.  I think changing this is mostly a
makefile thing, so I will let you do it when you think it is time.  Also check
to see that the help button calls the correct file.  It could be either
hdbk_idx.html (handbook index) or  index.html (top level index for everything)

The proof reading of the Bible study guide may be done next sunday.  If it is I
will add it to the CVS.

> In the startup section I added a note that the options dialog is opened on
> first startup. Please read the new section and correct my bad english :)

OK.  Your English is better than my Deutch.

> I do really like your work, Fred!
> You and Martin are real succours for me!
> Please apologize if the time you spend on BibleTime stresses you, but we are
> working almost 7 months on 1.0.

Actually this work does not create stress.  It is more like working a puzzle.

> I think we all should take a break after the final release of 1.0.
> After my 19th birthday (2nd of June this year) I have less time because I
> have to learn for my school leaving examination.

I hope you do well, my two son's (16) will be facing this in a few years.  So my
wife and I have to think about how to direct them.

It is likely that you have already done some of the things i note above.  I see
that en/helpdialog is now cleaned out.  I just removed the unneeded files from
the extra copy of /Documents/common -- all of my pictures are in
/Documents/HTML/common.

--
Best Regards
Fred Saalbach