[bt-devel] Thoughts about the Win port and misc things

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 01:54:58 +0000

Hi!

> The reviews I have heard concerning Redhat 7.0 will keep me from suggesting
> it for any use.  Perhaps 7.1 will be better...

Ok.

> The only one of these distributions that currently supports KDE 2 out of
> the box (from my knowledge) is Manrake 7.2  So it should be the key
> platform.

I think.

> For any other platform, there would also be a dependence on loading KDE 2.0
> which, I'm sorry to say, is harder than installing an entire OS from
> scratch.  I know this, it is why I slid out of the development for BT, it
> was just too hard to get a stable environment.  It still appears to be
> harder to upgrage KDE than to upgrade my entire OS!

You're right that installing KDE2 is very difficult. You're also right that
we will have more users in future if KDE2 is supported on all distributions.

SuSE ships an extension CD with final KDE2 for their latest SuSE 7.0

--Joachim