[bt-devel] CVS Instructions

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 07:30:26 GMT

I have a quick question.

I hae noticed that someone has perodically made minor changes to the
options dialog, and I was curious what CVS would do if I attempted to
commit an update after someone else already has.

I do not check out with my username, I check out with anonymous, and so far
I have only used my username for committing changes.

What are the implications of doing things this way?

What changes if I update my image with my username instead of anonymous?

I have used RCS briefly before, and I understand the concept of checking
out for update, and checking out read only.  Are the mechanisms similar for
for CVS?

Because I have been able to commit, I am somewhat confused, because by my
understanding I should not be able to check-in unless I checked-out for
update.  This doesn't seem to be the case.  What am I missing?

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Help California define marriage the way God does...
   Support Proposition 22!   Vote YES on Prop 22!