mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 39
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 243698 times and has 38 replies Next Thread
Male alvanx
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: German Menge-Bibel on iPhone?

Chris, could you please give your comment about how to proceed with this?
If we proceed then I'd rather not take the sources from the Zefania project but try to get them elsewhere.

Manfred

Manfred, I was wondering if there were any news on this?

Not to be critical, but I have noticed that module development can be really slow for SWORD. Example? NASB... ;-)

If there is any way that I can help let me know. I'd be eager to help develop modules, unfortunately, there's not a lot of good documentation and it is hard enough to even provoke reactions when asking for help, so I haven't been able to do a lot on my own (at least as somebody who can't script... ).

Thanks!
[Jan 9, 2011 8:23:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

No News.
If we could get the original digital texts we could start work on it if the copyright issue is cleared out now.

Some scripting abilities would definitely help. :) Perl, Python or Ruby.

Manfred
[Jan 10, 2011 12:12:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male alvanx
Regular

The copyright issue is resolved. We can just use the text from the website. It shouldn't be too hard to extract, right? The Zefania people did the same thing.

I guess it is time to look into Python. Or would you recommend a different scripting language to work with?
[Jan 10, 2011 1:27:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male mdbergmann
Inventory

Germany

Personally I would prefer Ruby. But Python is totally fine and the most popular language 2010:
http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

Manfred
[Jan 10, 2011 11:35:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male dsloss
Stranger

Canada

On another topic. Can anyone help me find the place to add a post?

Secondly, is there any Hebrew text available such as JPS or such?

Thanks and shalom!

David
[Jan 10, 2011 4:29:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JesusUndMohammed

Germany
confused German Menge-Bibel Searchindex?

@alvanx:
I guess it is time to look into Python.

Please do so!

I'm still using your "home-brewn" module and like it very much! The one thing missing is a searchindex. Could you easily build one?

Thanks in advance! Be blessed!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by JesusUndMohammed at Jan 11, 2011 2:06:16 AM]
[Jan 11, 2011 2:05:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male alvanx
Regular

Re: German Menge-Bibel Searchindex?

That's not part of building the module. I don't know about other front-ends, but Bible Time will build it for you if you select the module for search for the first time. I just tried this with my own module just to verify it, and it built the index with no problem.
[Jan 12, 2011 1:33:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JesusUndMohammed

Germany
Re: German Menge-Bibel Searchindex?

I'm using the Menge-Modul on my iPhone with the PocketSword APP!

If I try to search this Bible the APP try to download the searchindex but can't find it...

Can somebody build one for PocketSword?
[Jan 12, 2011 1:18:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JesusUndMohammed

Germany
confused Re: German Menge-Bibel on iPhone?

If we could get the original digital texts we could start work...

Why not use the source that is given? It seems to be the same!? Why put in another work?
[May 2, 2011 7:17:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread