mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1799 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Male wilsonch
Stranger

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Enhancement suggestion(s)

Hi,

I love your work for Pocket Sword. You have brought all the bible versions that I use into 1 app, now I don't need to fiddle with 3 apps to check on different versions of the Word.

Thought I would like to start a thread in suggesting new features. Maybe you already have some in mind then please ignore me.

1) split screen display - so you can view a 2nd verion or commentary

2) change of colour - let user to change background colour, fonts colour

3) Auto scroll

Wilson
[Feb 3, 2010 5:49:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male wilsonch
Stranger

Australia
Re: Enhancement suggestion(s)

BTW, forgot to say that I love the new features in 1.1. I used to go to a online site to get the Chinese pronunciation of some words, now I can do it all inside Pocket sword!
[Feb 3, 2010 5:52:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Hi Wilson,

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll add the 2nd & 3rd ones to my (private) tracker. :) The 1st one has been suggested by many people, and will probably be the core improvement in 1.3 -- v1.2 will be focused on getting Strong's numbers & other links working properly.

FYI, if you want to add your requests straight into the public PocketSword tracker (which I work from, along with my own one which has more boring items and my own private "wish list" that I'm not making public!!!), you can do so at: http://www.crosswire.org/bugs/browse/PS
There you can also file any bugs you find. :)

I'm glad you like the new features in 1.1 -- took a while to get done, but I'm fairly happy with it. Now to get on with 1.2!

Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Feb 3, 2010 8:23:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male WilliamR
Stranger

What a great app you have put together here!

The only enhancement that I could ask for is a landscape "reading mode" that eliminates most of the chrome at the top and bottom.

Also, is there a way to contribute to the work being done?
[Mar 15, 2010 6:29:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male niccarter
Veteran

Australia

Thanks for your note, William. :)

I'm currently thinking about how a landscape mode would work. I like the idea that when you switch to landscape mode, it hides the top and bottom chrome! When I start implementing this, I'll try that and see how it looks and feels :)

Thanks,
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword
[Mar 16, 2010 7:23:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread